AGRA WOOL 100% NATURAL FLORAL FOAM BRICKS BOX 20 PCS 23X10X7.5CMIdeal starter base for creating beautiful crafts and floral arrangements.
Agra Wool 100% Natural Floral Foam are floral foam blocks for the florist industry and at home for the flower enthousiast. Where the current floral foam blocks are oil-based (petrochemical) and therefore not fully degradable, the 100% Natural Floral Foam™ products produced by Agra Wool International™, made from Basalt and a type of sucrose (cane or beet sugar) are degradable. All ingredients are all-natural substances and completely biodegradable until Basalt flour remains.One product for all your flower arrangements:
How to use
- Dried flowers
- Silk flowers
- Fresh flowers
The cutting blocks are available in two sizes: 23 x 10 x 7.5 cm and large sheets of 59.5 x 40 X 6 cm from which shapes can be cut. The blocks absorb water quickly (submerge or pour with water) and hold it well.
It is best to use the 100% Natural Floral Foam™ blocks with the ribbed side up. This side is the firmest and this way the water stays best in the material. If you are working with very small and delicate stems, you might consider using the block on its side. Then you insert the flowers between the ‘layers’. Heavy flowers will sink in between this. We prefer to insert the delicate stems into the ribbed side as well and pre-pierce the blocks if necessary.
The blocks are slightly more spongy than the usual floral foam blocks. Poking ‘wrong’ once is not so bad because of this, you can then stick the flower in the same hole again.
Adding water later to suit the flowers is also possible, the material continues to absorb water. The 100% Natural Floral Foam™ can be used for dry, silk and fresh flowers.Reuse as a Floral block or as a potting soil substitute
Not only is the material sustainable, but the blocks are also sustainable in use. The ‘leftovers’ of the blocks do not have to be thrown away. These pieces can very well be used as a replacement for (potting) soil in beautiful plant arrangements. Also the used blocks, which have contained flowers, can be cut small or torn and reused in this way. The rockwool is a lightweight material, so much less heavy than potting soil. And because of the nutritious composition of Basalt meal and sucrose, all plants grow very well on it.
For example, we make auction boxes filled with the remnants of, among other things, the pitch blocks for growing vegetables and fruit. Ideal for the terrace or balcony. Another option is to wrap the used material with chicken wire and use it again. The water absorption remains sufficient.Compost
Should the material no longer be (re)used, it can be deposited in small pieces in the compost bin.
The blocks can also be used for funeral arrangements. The blocks can be shredded together with the flowers and then deposited on the compost heap (in Scandinavia this already happens in cemeteries). Basalt meal is a very good soil improver, any garden will be happy with it. The shredded parts will decompose into basaltic flour under conditions such as heat, cold, moisture, drought and other weather conditions. This is similar to fine sand.100% Natural Floral Foam™ is an all-natural product
The biggest advantage of 100% Natural Floral Foam™ is that it can be used both wet and dry. The 100% Natural Floral Foam™ has an enormous absorption capacity, so it absorbs and retains a lot of water very quickly. Because of its resilience, the foam clamps well in any pot or vase and is easy to cut into any shape. The 100% Natural Floral Foam™ ensures that the stem is firmly attached and is also easy to reposition.
Of 100% Natural Floral Foam, only basalt meal remains over time: an all-natural product. Basalt meal is specifically designed to change and improve clay soil, for example. It contains silicon, trace elements and minerals. This not only ensures that heavy clay soil is easier to work, but it is also good for the plants. It strengthens the cell wall, stimulates growth and gives bulbous plants the chance to root deeper.Advantages over regular floral foam bricks:
Specifications of the foam block:
- Not made from petrochemicals.
- Not harmful to the environment.
- Can be used both wet and dry for all flowers (fresh / living, dry and silk).
- Can also be rewetted if it gets too dry.
- Completely natural (97% Bassalt and 3% binder of a type of sucrose), so also biodegradable. After a while, only sand (basalt flour) remains. This of course depends on various circumstances such as temperature, wet / dry, small or large pieces, etc.
- Reusable. If you have leftovers after cutting the 100% Natural Floral Foam to size or if you remove the flowers after use, you can cut the blocks or pieces into small flakes and then use them as a substitute (substrate) for soil in your flower pot, planter etc.
- Quickly absorbs water (23X10X7.5 cm block in 10 seconds) and holds it well.
- Does not discolour the water and leaves no harmful microfibres.
- Easy to cut into any shape.
- Small EC increase (EC 0.8) due to Ecose, a natural binding agent of natural raw materials.
- Ph neutral (Ph 7.0).
- Does not crumble.
- Does not irritate.
- 100% Natural Floral Foam keeps the flower stem firmly in the block.
- Clings well in the pot or vase due to the resilience.
- Everything grows on this medium as long as it is kept wet as needed and nutrients are added.
- If you do not reuse the waste, you may deposit it in small numbers in the green bin (end user). Not in large industrial quantities.
- May be shredded and disposed of with compost. This is done, for example, in natural cemeteries.
- Mineral wool
- Density 80 kg / m³
- pH 7.3<l/i>
- Measurements 23cm x 10cm x 7.5cm
- 20 blocks in a box
- 54 boxes on a pallet
Natural Floral Foam floral foam blocks are also available in large plates of 59.5x40x6cm.Stitch plate specifications:
- Mineral wool
- Density 80 kg / m³
- pH 7.3
- Measurements 59.5 x 40 x 6.5 cm
- 5 plates in a box
- 25 boxes on a pallet